Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thankful

“Father, thank you for hearing me.” John 11:41

Before Christ raised Lazarus from the dead, he prayed. Before the answer came, He gave thanks. This morning, on my knees, I was thanking the Lord for hearing me. I was thanking Him for what was yet to be and claiming His Word.

Today dad had surgery. It was a repeat of the operation that started the unexpected chain of events and journey our family has been travelling for the past 7 ½ months. We returned to the hospital where errors had been made and where many tears had been shed. Today we met again those same nurses and the surgical administrator who had been remiss in their care and had dismissed my dad as an elderly man. Today they witnessed a coherent, intelligent gentleman who is a walking miracle and testimony to answered prayer.

My heart is overflowing with praise.

Father, thank You for hearing me.



post signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

Praise God! I'm so glad for you and your family! He is faithful.

~Grace and Peace said...

Amen. Praise our Jehovah Rapha!