Thursday, September 24, 2009

Possible

"'For nothing is impossible with God.'" Luke 1:37

Impossible. Not capable of occurring, or being dealt with, or accomplished. Totally unlikely. Something that cannot be done.

Possible. Capable of happening. Something that can be done.

God doesn't know the word "impossible".

Interesting to me that the difference in the spelling that stands in the way are two little letters. I M. I'm. I am the one who often doesn't believe. I am the one who often doesn't trust. I am the one who sees nothing but difficulties ahead. I am the one doubting the possible.

"Limitations are raw material for great expectations from God." (Pastor Rick Baker, December 15, 2002).



post signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right! Impossible is not in God's vocabulary.

I enjoy reading your blog.

Sheryl

Lynn Cowell said...

Joy,
I M. Lord, help me to get out of the way so that YOU can do the impossible in my life and in the lives of those who surround me!
Wonderful post, Joy!
Love,
Lynn

~Grace and Peace said...

Good one, Joy!
Yes, the possible is only hindered by "i'm" in the form of our doubts, insecurities, fears, etc. If we get those two letters out of the picture, and let God -- anything IS possible.