Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Force is With Me!

“…the LORD stands beside me like a great warrior.” Jeremiah 20:11

I am absolutely enjoying the visual this verse has provided for me. Struggling with fear and insecurity as I do, imagine with me for a moment, living with this truth as a reality.

Having a son, I am well acquainted with the Star War movies. How often I have heard the expression, many times in jest, “May the force be with you.” An invisible presence that supposedly brought good luck.

A timid little girl facing the “bullies” of emotions that terrify, reaches down for the hand of the One who’s presence empowers and diminishes apprehensions, sending her accusers running. This isn’t a make believe Hollywood cliché, but a Heavenly Companion who promises to never leave me or forsake me. He is “Jehovah-Shammah”, the Lord is there, the Lord my Companion.

I don’t have to question or doubt. The Force IS with me.




post signature

4 comments:

Lori said...

Joy, I love this visual! With 2 sons, I've heard that saying a time or two, also! :)
God, gave me a light bulb moment yesterday...I realized when I worry, when I'm fearful, when I'm doubtful, & when I am frustrated, I am not giving Glory to God. My focus and intent is to keep my eyes on his Truth's, His promises, that never fail. This little revelation he gave me was a major turning point! Thank you, Lord, for whispering to me. Thank you for the wisdom you give me to bring me back to You.

Love you Joy! Thank you for your post this morning! Lori - AZ

Sarah said...

Thanks for splashing me today in God's promises. A mighty warrior princess in the Kingdom of God, that is what you are dear sister. Keep sharpening your sword, the world needs it.

Warring with you,
Sarah Dawn

~Grace and Peace said...

Thank you, Joy for giving me this verse. It has been an encouragement for an otherwise hard week. I was just at Lysa's blog, too. God is everywhere this morning

May you have a blessed day today.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I really needed to read this today Joy. Getting ready to leave for my volunteer time at Sav-A-Life and not feeling up to par physically. Fearing what I can't explain! A pounding, fast pulse for seemingly no reason. Crazy! Am wondering if someone could TEACH me how to relax! Knowing in my mind that God is with me all the time but somehow refusing to totally trust Him. God forgive me!

Marilyn....in Mississippi