Saturday, March 14, 2009

He Lives in Room 7113

As my sister drove home from the hospital last night with her 12 year old son she said, "Heh, bud.... Other kids may be going to Florida for March break, or travelling, or whatever .. You'll be able to go back to school, and when kids ask you, 'Heh, Daniel ... What did you do on the March break?', you'll be able to say "I saw a MIRACLE!"

Although there is much I would like to write about from today's reading, one verse appears in technicolour.

"The LORD did miraculous signs and wonders before our eyes..." Deuteronomy 6:22

Yes, yesterday I saw the Lord move. I had been held captive as a slave in "Egypt", but He has delivered me, and my Daddy, with His strong hand. He has acted on my behalf "simply" because He loves me (Deut.7:8). He has led me through be-wilderness, humbling me and testing me to prove my character (Deut 8:2). He prepared this journey to teach me to live by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD and hold on to truth (Deut 8:3). He led me through the great and terrifying wilderness and gave me "water from the rock" to humble me and test me for my own good" (Deut 8:15-16). He has reminded me that I am His special possession, whom He has brought out of slavery by His great strength and powerful arm (Deut 9:29).

"When you have eaten your fill, be sure to praise the LORD your God for the good land he has given you." Deut 8:10

Rejoice with me today. The Lord lives in Room 7113.

"...the LORD your God is among you, and he is a great and awesome God". Deut 7:21.

For an update on my Dad's progess please visit my other blog, "Ponderings".

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The LORD did miraculous signs and wonders before our eyes.." It is wonderful watching the LORD in action in our day-to-day life...We have the same Almighty God that the Israelites had...he's our GOD of WONDER! Loved your post today, Joy. You bless all of us with your words. So happy to read about the TURN-AROUND...we wait...we wait...we wait...and then God comes! What an awesome God we have. I'm praying that the Glory of God is filled and over-flowing for others' to witness in your Father's room.

Still praying for your family,
Lori - Mesa,AZ