Friday, June 13, 2008

"YES"

"Then you will delight yourself in the Lord, and I will make you ride over the heights of the land."
Isaiah 58:14

The above verse quenched my dry and thirsting soul this morning. For any of you who have been following my journey through my other blog "Ponderings", you are well aware that a week today I face one of my greatest fears. As I woke early this morning, consumed with apprehension and that familar gnawing in the pit of my stomach, the Lord has called me to once again fix my eyes on Him. He has called me to delight in Him and enjoy His presence.

His Word tells me, "If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Do I believe God's promises? Do I trust His Word? Do you?
"For in him every one of God's promises is a 'Yes'."
2 Corinthians 1:20

post signature

2 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Joy-I do trust in his word-I crave it and try to live by it. I fall short often bu I love the passage that talks about Him being everywhere-it just brings such cofort and conviction!!

Why two blogs? I must explre this now!!!


In His Graces~Pamela

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Joy,
I can almost feel that fear gnawing in my stomach just reading your post about having to board that airplane next week! But I will be praying! And I know many others will be too. But it's not our prayers that are so important but the ONE who we are praying to and who loves you SO much! Just remember you will be "Under His Wings" as you fly through the skies!

God bless you....
Marilyn