Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lies

"Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
1 Peter 5:8

Yesterday was an horrific day, hence my silence. I was being devoured by the evil one and had no strength to resist. Sleepless nights have claimed strength. Fear has positioned me defenseless and vulnerable. Struggling and feeling alone, weak and helpless I've been fodder for the enemy. He convinced me I was a failure because of my overwhelming anxieties. The sad thing is, I believed him. I bought into his lies and spent a day in the valley of despair. (To read more about my day, click here.)

This morning as I reached for God's Word, tired and exhausted, He again has breathed life into my parched soul. I read John 8:44 that tells me that Satan is the Father of lies. He deceived me yesterday because my defenses are down. The Lord then reminded me in Hebrews 6:18 that it is impossible for God to lie. I must hang onto His truth. I need to be vigilant in knowing His truth. Yesterday I was imagining and acting out scenarios in my mind that hadn't even happened yet, but was living as if they had.

Thankfully the Lord sent many friends to surround this little lost sheep so that attacks were defused. The Shepherd Himself has come and picked me up in His loving arms and cradled me close. When my hope was gone, friends were loaning me theirs, holding me up and carrying me on.

Lord, may your staff and Your rod comfort me today.


post signature

No comments: