Friday, June 6, 2008

"As Is"

"Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come."


Have you ever gone looking to buy a used car and read the qualifier, "As is"? In other words, there are probably some repairs that need to be made, but the buyer is recognizing this and if anyone chooses to purchase the vehicle, the seller is freeing themself of any further obligation. Should the purchaser buy the car in it's present condition, there is no liability to the previous owner.

My heart is still grieving for the young girl I wrote about yesterday in my "Chosen" post. As I continue to think about her, the Lord has impressed another truth on my heart. He accepts me "As is". He doesn't ask me to make all the necessary "repairs" and get my life running smoothly before I come to Him. His Word says, "Whosoever will, may come".

My life can be dented. My "engine" can be running rough. My "tires" could be slashed. The "windows" to my soul may have painful memories. Certain fluid levels could be low. I might have a lot of baggage in my trunk. I could be a very ordinary, "four-door sedan"; haven't won any races; not decked out with all the accessories that some of the more attractive models possess, but God isn't deterred at all by my present condition. He accepts me "as is", but sees all that I can become in Christ.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17



To read all the lyrics of the hymn above click here .


post signature

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Praise God for that precious promise!

My heart broke to read about that sweet girl. I pray God heals her wounded heart. My little nephew is this way...surrounded by 4 other siblings always being recognized or honored for one thing or another, he is often overlooked. It definitely hurts his tender heart at times. He gets an extra measure of affection and affirmation (and prayers). I pray this girl does, too.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Well...if you must know, my transmission's about to fall out and my tires are just pure flat, but to God be the glory. I'm still puttering as is!

Love getting my joyful jolt this night!

peace~elaine